Sunday, July 5, 2009

Lately...

RODEO! Zach and I went on a double-date with my friend Emily and her boyfriend Gary to the Strawberry Days rodeo in Pleasant Grove. So fun! It was Zach's first rodeo (which is surprising seeing as how he's from Texas). Doesn't Zach look good in a cowboy hat? My only complaint is that I was really cold. There were torrential rains right before the rodeo and I happened to be out shopping in it so I was soaking wet and didn't have time to change. As a result I was also in my flipflops and my feet were numb the whole time. But it was still so fun. Thanks Emily for the great idea!








Wild cow milking. These cowboys tried to stop the cows by dragging behind them on ropes and then another cowboy would quickly milk it. Totally entertaining.







For the record, that was our SECOND official date in the same weekend! (We struggle with coming up with real date ideas and getting out of the house) The night before we went to see UP which was such a cute movie.


This 4th of July weekend was really fun. We had Zach's sister Kacey down from BYUI with her boyfriend Tyler. Unfortunately I didn't take a single picture while they were here! Friday night we had a delicious BBQ, lit of some firecrackers, had dessert and watched Dark Knight. Sat. morning we headed up to Zach's grandparents for a big breakfast which filled us up until dinner. Sat. night we headed up to Farmington to have a picnic and watch fireworks with my family at Davis High. This is the only pciture I got all weekend. My 4-yr-old nephew Ty was laying by me and turned to me in the middle of the fireworks and said "Guess what? You gotta get some kids." I could not stop laughing! Then he said to me "If you don't stop laughing I'm not gonna sit by you anymore." For the rest of the night he would not let anyone laugh because he thought they were laughing at him. What a funny kid!




This is a random picture of an experimental meal we made this week which was SOOO yummy - Chicken mushroom stroganoff. My experiments often don't work out so I was excited to find a good one :)




Zach spent 3 hours on Sunday watching Wimbledon and was thrilled when Roger Federer pulled off the win. Zach really wants our kids to be tennis players :)

5 comments:

Christina said...

So good to hear your updates. Can't wait to see you the 13th! Miss you, Al!

Dani said...

Zach had never been to a rodeo? How embarassing to the rest of us Texans! I don't even know how many I've been to.
I love the kid comment! We went to a family reunion on my dad's side after we'd been married a lil over a year. All of the sudden my 10 yr old bro and cousin ran into the room and my brother pointed at me and said "See! Her stomach is not big! I told you she isn't pregnant!" Then a couple hours later another lil cousin from the same family asked me when I was going to have a baby. Ahhh kids! Michael and I just laughed and laughed.
Congrats to Zach on that great score!

Emily said...

I'm so glad you two came to the rodeo with us. It was so fun! I too loved it. It was great to spend some time with you guys! You need to get your self a nice cowgirl hat! (P.S. let me know how the mango sticky rice goes!)

Mom Alleman said...

Even though Zach hasn't been to a rodeo--he still looks great in a cowboy hat! :) It sounds like you guys had such a fun 4th of July! We are sure proud of Zach for doing such a fantastic job on his test--way to go Zach!! And thank you Alison for being such a great support. We will see you in a few days!!

Jessica said...

Isn't Ty a hoot?! By the way, if you want your kids to be tennis players, you have to have some kids first! Just sayin. . .