Tuesday, February 10, 2009

This morning

What a morning. It was snowing pretty bad when Zach and I left this morning so I was carrying an umbrella to the car. I had it almost closed when I climbed into the drivers seat, but my hand slipped on the handle and the umbrella shot out and hit the windshield really hard. Now there is a HUGE crack in our windshield about the size of a dinner plate and it's right in front our our face when we drive. Nice one Alison. It's a good thing we already had a crack and had to get the windshield replaced anyways. Otherwise I would not be laughing about it.

Then when I was dropping Zach off at the busstop, we were running late and were trying to beat the bus to the busstop. So I turned into this church parking lot really quickly and started sliding and was about 6 inches away from hitting a pole. Nice one Alison. Zach was still recovering from his heart attack when I pushed him out of the car so he didn't miss the bus. Oh, the joys of snow.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Repeat after me: No speeding in the snow!

Last week on Click & Clack I heard that sometimes your auto insurance will replace the windsheild even if you don't have coverage---as long as the crack impedes your vision. It might be worth a phonecall.

Ryan, Cassie and Crew said...

I'm so glad you can laugh about that. I’m not sure if that’s what would have slipped out of my mouth.

rebecca and eric said...

Alison you're so funny. I love your TV addictions- same as ours. LOST never ceases to intrigue us. And those guys on the biggest loser are definitely Mormon. I swear they've shown Felipe praying a couple of times when they're deciding who to vote off... anyway good job with the baking and reading, two of my goals as well. :)