So, the windshield crack from the umbrella started out our string of bad luck. The very next day on my way to work I got in a fender-bender (not my fault at least). I was exiting in Pleasant Grove and pulled up to the stoplight to turn right. I was inching forward to see if there were any cars coming and a car hit my from behind - and pretty hard too. We pulled over and this lady got out and immediately started accusing me. Apparantly I "had plenty of time to go" and shouldn't have stopped. I couldn't believe it. She didn't even say sorry. I had a minor dent in my bumper and some paint damage - she had a dent as well. We exchanged insurance information, but I wanted to get a policeman there to file a report if needed. (I have skipped this step before and regretted it). So I called someone and we waited, and waited, and waited (for about 20 min) The whole time the lady is so mad at me b/c it was her first day of work and she was late and she didn't think we needed to call the cop. The cop showed up and asked what happened and the lady immediately jumped into her version of the story making the whole thing sound like my fault. The cop just chuckled and said "and you think it's HER fault?" I was amused. He explained that whenever you hit someone from behind, no matter what the circumstance, it's your fault. The whole situation wouldn't have been so bad if the lady wasn't so darn mean.
Waiting out in the cold for the cop to come must not have been good for me b/c I got a cold that day. The next day it was really bad and I stayed home from work and slept all day.
Then the next day, to kick of Valentine's Day weekend, I went to pick up dinner at Paradise Bakery with a giftcard I had. I got all the way home with our pricey $7 sandwiches and realized they gave us the wrong order. The sandwiches we got were corned-beef with sauerkraut! So sick. Of all the wrong orders we could have taken home and we got sauerkraut. Serious bummer.
We just found out that Zach may no longer be considered a Texas resident which totally messes up our plans for dental school. But all the residency rules aren't cut-and-dry and there isn't anyone who will give us a firm answer, so he just has to apply as a Texas resident and hope that the committee votes in our favor...
On the bright side of things...
We had a great Valentine's Day weekend. We set a very low dollar limit for V-Day gifts, so it was pretty low-key. (we spent WAY to much for Christmas and we're still trying to make up for it). Zach got me some pretty spring flowers and candy (there's nothing else I love more). I made him a nice dinner while he was at a preisthood leadership meeting for stake conference. I also made him his favorite salsa and got him a DVD. Then we went to stake conference for 2 hours and then watched Always (that movie used to be a lot better than it is now).
I just got our windshield replaced yesterday and it looks amazing! They even came the place I work and did it there with no extra charge. The total cost was only $150 - not bad!
I get to go skiing tomorrow with my family - first time in 2 years.
And best of all...it's FRIDAY!!!!
2 comments:
Man Allison, Sounds like you're having an eventful month!!! I always think I'm so boring cause I don't do anything new - just at home with my boys - but I hear things like this and am reminded that sometimes boring can be a good thing :) Sorry about that mean lady!
We are so sorry! What a day! Please let me know if you need any work on your neck after the fender-bender. That stinks.
Post a Comment