Thursday, September 11, 2008

Crazy day

Just a couple of days ago Zach and I had quite the awakening at 6:00 in the morning. The woman who lives upstairs from us was screaming HELP! really loudly over and over. At first we thought she was just having a bad dream and that she would stop soon, but she kept going and going. Then Zach thought he heard another voice upstairs and he got really scared (the woman lives alone). So we both threw some clothes on and Zach grabbed a tennis racket and ran upstairs and started pounding on the door while I called the police. Zach was thinking someone else was in there doing something to her while I was thinking she was having some kind of medical emergency and couldn't move. Finally the screaming stopped but she still hadn't opened the door. Then Zach called her and she answered the phone. She said she was just fine and that she was just having a bad dream. Oh my lands! How does a person scream for that long and not wake themself up?! I was still on the phone with the police and I told them that everything was okay but they said they were still going to send someone just to make sure.

Later that day when we got back from school she was out on her porch and we talked about it some more. She was SOOO embarrassed. She said that for some strange reason she started having really crazy dreams about 25 years ago about the Nazis. Her husband was constantly waking her up to get her to stop yelling. Next time we'll know what to do!

Later that day I was in my car eating my lunch before classes started. I had a container with granola and yogurt and I fumbled it and dropped the whole thing on my lap!!! Yuk! So, in my frazzled state I failed to roll the windows up on my car before I ran inside to get cleaned up. When I got back to my car 4 hours later I realized that my windows were ALL the way down with my company laptop laying right on the back seat! Hello Alison! Get with the program! Good thing I was parked at BYU instead of somewhere else or that laptop would probably be gone!

I was happy to go to bed that night and have a new start in the morning :)

1 comment:

Angie {Founding Chef Consultant} said...

wow! That sounds like a fun day! I tagged you on my blog. If you want to play just go to mine and check it out! I hope school is going well for you.