Friday, January 31, 2014

Six "quick" takes

Part of me feels the need to mentally review the last 4 months in my head and start composing separate posts about each significant event, with pictures and all the accompanying stories. 

But if I did that, you would not see a post for a very long time 'cause I'm way too scatterbrained and noncommittal to pull that off any time soon.  So today you get the first six things that pop in my mind.

1.  I just ate strawberry Bluebell icecream.  Bluebell icecream is the best icecream you will ever eat...IF you ever get the pleasure of eating it - it's only sold in mostly the southern states and parts of a few other lucky states.  As long as I live in Texas I will never purchase another brand of ice cream - it's worth extra pennies.  YUM. 

2.  The chance of having TWO babies in helmets at the SAME time is probably about as likely as winning the lottery... but we get the privilege!  Seriously?  Really?  Yes.  Zach's dad told us to tell those people who give us funny looks that they were twins conjoined at the head at birth.  I like the idea.  Welcome to the family helmet #2!  (technically I guess it's helmet #4 since they had to remake Owen's first helmet b/c it didn't fit right, then his head grew out of that one so they made a third).  We're crossing our fingers that Alex's head gets reshaped much faster than Owen's!

3.  Zach got into Baylor Pedo!!!!  (for those of you who aren't familiar with the dental lingo, "pedo" = pediatric)  It was his top choice and he was thrilled to get matched there.  He worked really hard for it and we are so happy for him.  So we're here in Dallas for 2 more years.  Then we will FINALLY be done with school....FOREVER.  I keep thinking about how exciting that will be, then I think "wait, then all the hard stuff begins".  While we're in school we don't have any money to spend so we don't have to decide how to spend it.  We don't have to look for a job, don't have to decide where to settle down, and don't have to decide when/where/how to start our own practice and all the bazillion decisions that come along with that (stresses me out just thinking about it).  So I'm just going to thoroughly enjoy hanging out in decision-free land for awhile.

4.  My job is DONE and it is the BEST, best , BEST feeling in the world.  It was stressing me out so bad that I had to squeeze in these 20-30 hours somewhere to finish this horrible project that I was dreading and I couldn't find the time.  Now that stress is gone and I can focus on my babies.  Now they can keep me 100% occupied all day and it's OKAY because I'm not stressing about finding time to work.

5.  Did I say 100% occupied was okay?  Not totally true.  85% is about right.  Those 100% days are when I go a little bit CRAZY.  Some days I swear they plot against me.  Is it possible that with Owen taking 4-5 hours of naps during the day that NONE of those naps would correlate with Alex's naps?  Yes.  Alex usually thinks he can't nap longer than 30 minutes, or mom might actually get to finish her shower AND get dressed AND dry her hair in the same day.  I think he took seven 30-min naps today. 

6.  I'm getting really, really, really sick of doing workout videos for exercise.  Some sort of gym pass might be in our near future.  I can only take this for so long. 

Happy weekend!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I heard you guys got another little boy. That is so awesome! I am sure you are the best mommy. You need to email me to give me an update. I know you moved but where? we need to do lunch sometime.

Janine

Unknown said...

Bravo, Alison. Now I'll get to visit you in Dallas before you leave! will you be moving out of your in-laws anytime soon? I would probably feel like an imposition to stay with you there. and also, I have a friend from Texas who is completely obsessed with blue bell ice cream. They actually do sell it here at the Riverwoods and apparently i need to go try some

Kat and Jon said...

Alison...congrats on 2 BABIES!!!! I'm so excited for you guys and just know you are the most amazing mom. (and I think having 2 babies that close together is WAY harder than having twins! So you are doing great if you get a shower a week. Just save it for Sunday. Or a day when you will see the most people. And buy Suave dry shampoo at Walmart. Best $3 you will spend. It has changed my life!) One day, I hope we can get together and catch up. I just love you!