Sunday, March 7, 2010

Thoughts

I really have nothing to interesting to write about, but it's been 1.5 months since I wrote, so I will try to come up with something....

-We went skiing yesterday with Zach, Dad, sis. Dana, bro. Ryan, sis. Maddy & friend, and nephews Michael and Ty. So fun. It was Zach's first time and he loved it. Pictures to come.

-Work is CRAZY busy. I think I need an assistant - that would be pretty cool. Financial statements are due tomorrow...it will be a LONG work day (probably 12-14 hours). Then relief. Well not really. Work will still be crazy, just no more strict deadlines until next month. But I love my job.

-I love LOST. Totally addicted. Can't wait for Tues. nights. The only other show I really watch is the Biggest Loser which happens to be on the same time as LOST. Since we share tivo with our landlady upstairs, we can only record one show at a time. So I have routine of going to gym at 8 to watch LOST there while I record B.L. at home. I know, I'm pathetic.

-...speaking of the gym, I'm seriously bugged at all the broken equipment at Gold's. The other day I got on a bike and it was making this loud clicking noise on every rotation. But I stayed on it since it was only one available - I think I was seriously annoying the people around me. Then I got on a treadmill only to discover the incline was broken (I don't run very much, I like to speedwalk uphill). So then I got on an eliptical to find out the headphone plug was broken. I swear 75% of the equipment there has something wrong with it. Grrr. What am I paying for?

-...so I was at the gym one night and noticed literally HALF of the people there were watching The Bachelor (every machine has it's own tv). Really? I was shocked. No offense to those of you who love that show, but I seriously can't wrap my head around it. Granted, I've never watched more than 2 consecutive minutes of it, but it really makes me gag. The gossip, the drama, the fakeness. Can someboby help me understand? (I would much rather watch the drama of fat people losing weight :) )

-I love tacos. I kind of forgot they existed until my sister Jessica made them for us a few weeks ago when we were visiting. I don't think I had EVER made them for dinner. Really? That has changed. They've been on the menu that last 2 weeks and there will be many more to come. So good, so easy.

-Can't wait for... Daylight savings (7 days), SPRING (already starting to feel the warmth), Moab/Bryce Canyon trip with Zach (March 20 hopefully), Easter, Conference. A great month ahead of us!

-I'm convinced that photography will be one of my favorite hobbies...someday. I'm convinced that my point-and-shoot digital camera (although it is very nice and takes great pictures) isn't doing the trick. I'm convinced I need an SLR camera. A beginners one is $500-600. I'm trying to convince myself we can afford it right now or sometime soon. I don't think I can wait 10+ years until we're done with dental school and in a good financial position. I think about it at least once a day.

Til next time.

4 comments:

The Ingebretsen's... said...

I broke down and bought a Digital SLR a few years ago, and I LOVE it. I have the Nikon D40X which is now the D60. I actually had to go back to work to buy it for myself, but it was really worth it. Granted Tom was a stay at home Dad at the time, so it was pretty easy to go to work :). Hopefully someday it will be in your budget. They are really fun!

ellen said...

You posted! It's great to hear what you are up to. I would like to see picture and video of Zach trying to ski...priceless! I love tacos as well. We have them every week, they have to have guacamole on them, though. Good luck with the camera! I think you deserve a nice anniversary present :o) Or maybe half-birthday?

Mom Alleman said...

We love you Alison! We had fun reading your "thoughts"--you made our day! Dad, Megan and I were reading through your Blog together and had a good laugh! We look forward to seeing pictures of your ski trip :) We love you guys!

Jessica said...

Gym pass: I'm jealous.
Tacos: Glad you liked them!
Daylight Savings: dreading it.
LOST: How will my life go on without you?!