Friday, March 13, 2009

Car

Returning to the story about my bumper getting fixed...
So, I dropped my car off on Tuesday morning and they told me my car would be done by the end of the day Wednesday. So on Wed. I took of work a bit early, drove to the car rental place to turn my car in. Enterprise then dropped me off at the body shop. The body shop then informs me that my car isn't done! Are you serious? So I had to call Enterprise again to come pick me up and I had to set up a whole new transaction for a new rental, fill out the paper work again, inspect the new car, etc. I was sooooo annoyed? Doesn't someone at the body shop have the competencey to call and tell me my car isn't done before I come and pick it up? And they didn't even act apologetic about it. Well, finally my car got finished and it looks good.

Then on Monday I was about 12 inches away from having my car totaled. I was about 2 minutes away from work and was innocently waiting at a red light to turn left. All 3 lanes of traffic next to me were stopped as well. Then this van in the far right lane (heading the same direction as us) must have hit a patch of ice and her car turned perpendicular to us and I'm pretty sure she accidentally hit the gas instead of the break because her car plowed through all 3 lanes of traffic, went over the median, and crossed all 3 lanes on the other side! She totally took out the car right in front of me and threw it up onto the median. She was literally 12 inches away from hitting my car. She hit two other cars as well. What a mess! Luckily nobody was hurt. One of the cops at the scene was the same guy who helped out with my fender-bender a few weeks before. Funny. I'm nervous to be on the road now!

1 comment:

The Alleman Jamboree with C&D said...

oh my goodness, what a crazy bunch of drivers over there. I'm glad you're ok, and that you didn't get another fender bender in your car. I almost forgot what "real" winter driving is like! We hope you have a better week!