Thursday, November 6, 2008

Mish Mash

I am about the most pathetic blogger ever. First, I don’t post very often. Second, sometimes I feel like there is a lack of things to write. Although, I did just realize that so many people spend much of their blog space writing about their kids. Maybe since I don’t have kids I can use that as an excuse? Not that writing about kids is bad, I actually find it entertaining.

I know Halloween is past and gone, but just thought I would give a quick recap. We had a ward Halloween party that I really wanted to dress up for. I hassled Zach about it for a long time but then the party came way too soon and we didn’t have time to put together a costume. I also thought it would be fun to dress up on Halloween, but we really didn’t have anything to dress up for. Since our front door is at the back of a house, we didn’t get any trick-or-treaters. But we thought it would be fun to invite some couples in the ward over for some games and good food, so we did. I don’t think any of the couples knew each other so that created a little awkwardness, but it was really fun to get to know everyone better. We didn’t take ANY pictures! Sorry Mom A. I really wanted to carve pumpkins on Halloween since we didn’t do it last year, so on Friday night as we were frantically trying to get the apartment and food ready for people to come over, we gutted the pumpkins, and Zach carved them – speedy, speedy. I was especially happy to have the seeds to make yummy, yummy pumpkin seeds. Are there any of you out there besides Zach who have never had pumpkin seeds?! Oh, they’re so good.


















As the weather has turned, I’ve come to realize that I have no shoes to wear. I wore sandals until about a week ago, but my poor little (big) feet can’t take it anymore. I dragged Zach out last weekend to go shoe shopping with me and even after shopping at Famous Footwear and every store in the mall, I still couldn’t find any! I need some nicer shoes to wear to work. Since I don’t have any nice brown shoes to wear, I can’t wear my brown pants. So I’ve been wearing the same pair of black pants to work every single day! Blah! Who ever thought it would be so hard to find a decent pair of shoes?
Last fall when I started school again I invested some money in a new laptop – it has caused me nothing but grief. It is a Dell Inspiron. Just recently the battery stopped working. The battery used to last me through 5 hours of class and now it only lasts about 1 hour before I have to plug it in again. Other problems I’ve had: the internet sporadically shuts down about 3 or 4 times a day and closes all my windows, the comma key falls off about every 3 minutes, the insert key doesn’t work, the pretty green color is turning black (cannot be cleaned), it takes forever to boot up, the scroll function on the touchpad randomly stops working and I have to restart it to make it work again, and list goes on and on. I keep telling myself I am going to send it back in, but I have no idea where to send it and I need it!
I don't even know what to say about the election. WOW. Zach and I blocked out our whole night to sit in front of the TV and watch the election coverage. I was prepared to stay up until the early hours of the morning while the lasts votes were still being tallied because I thought it was going to be a repeat of the Bush/Kerry election (in the sense of how close it was). But we pretty much knew the results after we found out that Obama had won Ohio. I can't say that I'm extremely thrilled or dissapointed one way or the other. It seems like this election was choosing the lesser of two evils. But one things is for sure - that this country needs a change. I'm not sure that all of Obama's changes will be the best, but it will definitely be interesting to see what happens and where we will be at the next election. It is really cool to see how far this country has come in electing our first black president (African American to be PC). On the topic of the election, I wanted to share something funny my dad wrote to me in an email: "McCain will win in Utah unless God himself appears in a cloud and tells everyone to vote for Obama, and even then it’s doubtful."
Happy November everyone. Remember to be thankful.

2 comments:

The Ingebretsen's... said...

On the matter of shoes... I like Forever Young's shoes. I have several solid black/brown shoes from there. They have a huge selection, and lots of cute flats. I wear a 9 1/2, so the only problem is they don't carry that size. I either have to go up to a 10 or try and squeeze into a 9. Typically the 10s fit fine. They are also relatively cheap! Good luck!!!!

trumpet girl said...

I am with you on the shoe thing. I only have luck with Easy Spirit, because they carry weird sizes like a 91/2 double wide...
Jeremy has never had pumpkins seeds either and still refuses to let me make them. At least he feigns forgetfullness and throws out the seeds before I can snatch them. Must be an Alleman boy thing!