Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Missionaries

Yesterday we had the missionaries over for dinner. This is actually the first time I've ever eaten dinner with the missionaries! Zach couldn't believe it. I was a little nervous about finding something good to make since I don't consider myself a fantastic cook (not yet anyways). We settled on Hawaiian Haystacks and I have to say they turned out pretty well - except I don't think the Tongan elder was too keen on the idea of piling all the ingredients on top of each other, so he ate them all separately - the tomatoes, then the pineapple, then the Chinese noodles, etc. It was pretty entertaining. It was fun to hear all their mission stories and I could tell Zach was enjoying reminiscing about his mission too. It was a fun experience and I hope we can make it a regular occurrence.

No comments: