Thursday, July 17, 2008

Addicitons

1. SALT - It all started when I first started eating solids foods and one of my favorites was saltine crackers. It's all gone downhill from there. I eat more salt than anyone I know and I can't stop! I just can't enjoy my food without it. My brother, a fellow salt addict, shares my feelings: "When I put salt on my pizza people look at me like I'm crazy, but it's totally normal!" I know that if I cut back for awhile my sensitivity to salt will improve, but that will require me to endure bland food for a time, and that's just no fun.

2. GUM - I can't handle having a bad taste in my mouth - and pretty much every food leaves a bad taste in my mouth. The problem is that I am a snacker - I eat small portions of my lunch from about 9-3. After each snack I eat I feel like I need a new peice of gum. That leads me to eat about 6-8 peices of gum per day. Yikes! Even though it's sugarfree, I can't imagine it's very good for my teeth, not to mention it's $1.20 per pack.

3. PLANTS - I guess this is more of an obsession than an addiction. I LOVE watching my house plants grow! Every single day I come home and look at all my plants and search for new leaves or buds. It's really weird. I can't wait to have our own house so we can plant a garden! Nothing better than watching plants grow AND getting food from them!

No comments: