This is one of the few pictures I have from our openhouse in Texas - although, it was more like a reception. Zach's mom had so many people from the ward volunteer to help that it turned out to be really beautiful. We even had more wedding cakes - one for the bride AND the groom. This is Zach's basketball cake :)
This is Zach's FIRST race! He ran the 5K as part of the Springville Art City Days. He did great! Although, it was raining all morning which made the run less than comfortable.
The last leg of the race was one lap around the track. Go Zach!
Zach is trying to convince me to run some more races with him, but I don't know if I have it in me. I've had my fair share of races. I have this weird need to do better in a race than I did the last time, so if I don't feel ready for it I don't want to run it... I might just need to get over that. I felt bad having him run out there all by himself - I felt like I should have been running it with him. I think we are going to run a 5K together on July 24th (it will be hot!)
I am currently working a temp job being a receptionist for a company in Provo while I continue to look for a permanent job. I have to say, I'm glad I'm not a receptionist permanently! Talk about repetitive work! Actually, some of the phone calls are pretty hard like "who would I talk to about binary geothermal plants" and "who does the purchasing for panel bearings?" Ummmm, that's a very good question. The company that I am a receptionist for actually just offered me an accounting position which I think I might take...still thinking about it.
How about that Celtics vs Lakers game? I'm usually not very into the NBA (although I used to be addicted to watching the Jazz), but after seeing the Lakers beat the Jazz I really wanted to see them lose in the finals, so I've been watching all the games with Zach. The game last night was AWESOME! The Celtics came back from a 24 pt deficit to win by 6 points! What excitement! I think my NBA addiction might be coming back.
That's all folks. Hopefully more soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment